The Helping Hands food pantry, located in Old St. Patrick Church (on the corner of Adams & Main Streets) offers food assistance to those living within the 44090 zip code. Normal hours of operation are:
♦ The THIRD Saturday of each month in 2019: Noon-3 PM
♦ The THIRD Saturday of each month in 2020: 10AM-1PM
♦ The Tuesday following the 3rd Saturday: 6-8 PM
Helping Hands FAQ
Helping Hands is open:
- The third Saturday of each month from Noon-3PM (in 2019),
- The third Saturday of each month from 10AM-1PM (in 2020), and;
- The Tuesday following the third Saturday from 6-8PM.
- Clients must have a 44090 mailing address, proof of which must be brought with you, OR (if living outside 44090) must be a REGISTER PARISHIONER of St. Patrick Church, and;
- Clients will be required to complete and sign the “Ohio Department of Job and Family Services” eligibility form (JFS-04221). You may view this form by clicking here; it’ll open as a PDF file in another window.
Other area food pantries include:
- Well-Help, Inc
127 Park Place
Wellington, OH 44090
hours: Monday-Friday 10:00-11:45am
- Oberlin Community Services
285 S. Professor
Oberlin, OH 44074
Oberlin Community Services is a food pantry. Serves Oberlin, Wellington, Brighton, Camden, Carlisle, Huntington, Kipton, LaGrange, New Russia, Penfield, Pittsfield, and RochesterFood pantry service hours: 2nd Sat: 10:30am-1pm; M-F: 9-11:30am; 1-4:30pm. .
- Our Lady Help of Christians
9608 Norwalk Rd.
Litchfield, OH 44253
Our Lady Help of Christians is a food pantry serving residents of Chippewa Lake Village, Chippewa on the Lake, Creston Village, Litchfield Twp., Lodi Village, Seville Village, Spencer Twp., Spencer Village, Grafton and Wellington.. Amount given may vary depending on size of family and availability.
- Click here to do an online search for other foodbanks in Ohio
Simply put: limited space.
Our facility at Old St. Patrick Church (on the corner of Adams and Main Streets) offers only a limited amount of storage. Because our ability to store food is insufficient to accommodate the needs of a vast area, it is necessary that we constrict the territory which we serve.
The Helping Hands food pantry can use both financial as well as food donations. The following is a list of staple food items that are regularly distributed by the food pantry (click to enlarge):
St. Patrick Church
ATTN: Helping Hands Food Pantry
512 N. Main Street
Wellington, OH 44090
A food pantry requires many volunteers, each of whom helps in one aspect of the pantry. Constant monitoring of inventory, as well as acquisition of needed items, is an ongoing task. The larger the number of volunteers, the easier everyone’s job becomes.
Denise Breyley coordinates all aspects of volunteer involvement in the Helping Hands food pantry. You may email her at helpinghands at stpatrickwellington.com; you may also leave a voicemail at 440.647.4375 x53
The Helping Hands food pantry is located in the lower level of Old St. Patrick Church (510 N. Main Street – northeast corner of Adams & Main Streets):
Prior to our initial opening, shelves were sparsely populated:
Thanks to the extreme generosity of St. Patrick Parishioners, this is how the Helping Hands Food Pantry looked at our grand opening on 17 February 2018!