We invite you to us on Sunday, one of the most sacred days of the week. We strive to foster and enhance the values of gracious hospitality, thought provoking homilies, and enriching Liturgical music.
- 5:00 pm
- 8:30 am
- 11:00 am
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
- 9:00 am
- 7:30 pm
- EXCEPTIONS - no weekday Masses:
- Weds, Nov 1, 2017 - (Holy Day Mass at 7PM; Adoration/Confessions 6-6:45pm)
- Mon, Jan 22, 2018 - Fri, Feb 2, 2018
- Weds, Aug 15, 2018 - Because of the Holy Day, the only Mass this day will be at 9AM; the only evening Holy Day Mass will be Tues, Aug 14, 2018 at 7pm.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
- Wednesday 5:15 pm (Canceled when there's no Adoration or Mass following - see exceptions above)
- Eucharistic Adoration:
- Wednesday 6:00 - 7:15 pm (canceled when no Mass follows Adoration - see exceptions above)
- Saturday 4:00-4:30 pm
- Wednesday 6:00 - 7:00 pm (canceled when no Mass follows - see exceptions above)
- HOLY DAYS - scroll to below the explanation of What is, and what is not, a Holy Day of Obligation?
- What is, and what is not, a Holy Day of Obligation?
On December 13, 1991 the members of the National Conference of Catholic Bishops of the United States of America made the following general decree concerning holy days of obligation for Latin Rite Catholics:
In addition to Sunday, the days to be observed as holy days of obligation in the Latin Rite dioceses of the United States of America, in conformity with canon 1246, are as follows:
► January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God
► August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
► November 1, the solemnity of All Saints
► December 8, the solemnity of the Immaculate Conception
► December 25, the solemnity of the Nativity of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Whenever January 1, the solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, or August 15, the solemnity of the Assumption, or November 1, the solemnity of All Saints, falls on a Saturday or on a Monday, the precept to attend Mass is abrogated.
Immaculate Conception (Dec 8) and Christmas (Dec 25) are ALWAYS Holy Days of Obligation, regardless of what day of the week on which they might fall.
Whenever January 1, August 15, or November 1 fall on a:
► Monday or Saturday, it is NOT obligatory
► Tues, Weds, Thurs, or Friday, IT IS OBLIGATORY.
- Mary, Mother of God: January 1, 2018
- As this feast falls on a Monday in 2018, the obligation to attend Mass on this day is dispensed.
- Vigil Mass: Sunday, 31 December 2017 at 5PM. By overwhelming acclamation in survey responses, the only Mass for Mary, Mother of God will be Sunday evening, 31 December 2018 at 5PM.
- There will be NO MASSES celebrated on 1 January 2018.
- Ascension Thursday:
Ascension Thursday is now called “Feast of the Ascension” because it has been permanently moved to the 7th Sunday of Easter. This year (2017) it falls on Sunday, May 28. The day commemorates the Ascension of Christ into heaven (see Mark 16:19, Luke 24:51, and Acts 1:2).
Beginning around the year 2000, most of the regions of bishops in this country (including Region 6, which comprises the 6 dioceses of Ohio & 7 dioceses of Michigan), with the approval of Rome, made the decision to transfer the feast from a weekday (Thursday) to the following Sunday because many people could not (or did not) attend the weekday celebration. The Ascension is too important a part of the whole Paschal Mystery [Christ’s dying, rising, ascending to the Father, and sending the Holy Spirit] to not be available to the greater community of the faithful.
- Assumption of Mary: 15 August 2018
- Vigil Mass: 7pm - Tuesday, 14 August 2018
- Holy Day: 9am - Wednesday, 15 August 2018
- The ONLY EVENING MASS is the VIGIL MASS, celebrated on Tuesday, 14 August 2018.
- All Saints Day: 1 November 2017
- Vigil Mass: NONE (The Village of Wellington hosts Trick-or-Treat Tuesday evening. As most choose to stay home to pass out candy, the only evening Mass will be on the Holy Day itself.)
- Holy Day: Wednesday, Nov 1 at 9:00am AND 7:00pm
- Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception: 8 December 2017
- Vigil Mass: 7pm - Thursday, 7 December 2017
- Holy Day: 9am - Friday, 8 December 2017
- The ONLY EVENING MASS is the VIGIL MASS, celebrated on Thursday, 7 December 2017.