St. Patrick Parish is pleased to announce that we have partnered with myEoffering in order to provide you with the convenience of online contribution. Online contribution refers to a process much like online bill pay, whereby donors opt to have their financial contributions to the church withdrawn directly from their checking, or savings account, in lieu of bringing cash or paper checks each Sunday.
Vatican II has called us to full, active, and conscious participation in all aspects of the Mass. As a result, some people are reluctant to donate online because then they won’t have anything to put in the basket as it passes by. Aware of how important it is to fully participate in all aspects of the Mass, myEoffering is providing us with laminated offering cards that may be placed in the basket each weekend. The pew cards (depicted below) will soon be available in each entryway.
Many people are worried about the security of their financial data, especially with the headlines concerning identity theft. Rest assured that we chose myEoffering in part because of their strict security measures. They have passed all the required tests to be fully compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. This means that they are using the latest technologies available to protect against would-be data thieves. They have processed electronic donations for many churches in the United States and we feel comfortable in the security their service provides.
myEoffering has designed a secure, web-based platform in which donors may privately and prayerfully make one-time or recurring donations. Prayerful consideration of giving to God first enables you to witness a powerful sense of stewardship. You can customize a completely individual method of giving, based on how and when you receive your income – whether it be bi-weekly, monthly, or semi-monthly. By setting up recurring donations to be automatically debited from your account, it allows the parish to better plan budgets and expenditures and provides a more accurate financial forecast. It also enables you to stay on the path of your contribution goals by ensuring that even if you are unable to attend church on a particular Sunday, you needn’t worry about remembering to make that contribution the following week. With more consistent stewardship, our parish is able to focus more on the ministry of God.
Signing up is as simple as going to our parish website www.stpatrickwellington.com and clicking on the “Donate Now” button. You’ll register an account and within minutes you will be giving your first online donation. The steps are outlined below.
- When specifying the donation amount, you’ll see a box marked “suggested donation.” The suggested amount includes the 30¢ fee that St. Patrick Parish incurs in offering this electronic offertory option. While you have the option of covering this expense – it remains just that: an option you may, but need not, invoke.
- There is a box marked “Number of donations” – this option insures that you cannot sign up for an indefinite period of time.
- If your Donation Frequency is weekly and the Number of donations is 100 – then your online donations will stop after the 100th week (just shy of two years).
- Once you’ve exhausted the preselected Number of donations, an email reminder will ask you to log into your account and reset the Number of donations to continue your online giving.
- Just as you receive separate envelopes for various collections (eg. regular offertory, SPW Charitable Outreach, Christmas, etc) online giving can also accommodate these various offerings – but each one requires a separate authorization. Thus, to make a regular Sunday offering on a weekly basis, an outreach donation on a monthly basis, and a Christmas offering annually will require three separate authorizations. Fret not, though: if this process seems confusing, you’re welcome to complete and return the EFT authorization form (click here) and the office staff will take care of everything for you.
- Before your account is debited, you’ll receive an email reminding you of an upcoming withdrawal. Once the donation has been received, you’ll get an email confirmation.
Consider the electronic offering option and hopefully you will find it very convenient. You may access the myEoffering donation portal at http://donate.stpatrickwellington.com. Should you wish the parish staff to set up your online giving program, simply complete the enclosed manual enrollment form (SOON TO BE POSTED HERE - BUT NOT YET ACCOMPLISHED) and return it to the parish office; the parish staff will establish a myEoffering account for you.
As always, thank you for so graciously sharing the gifts which God has so generously bestowed upon you.