St. Patrick Parish is now following it’s typical weekday and weekend Mass schedule (CLICK HERE FOR THE SCHEDULE). PLEASE BE AWARE that our seating capacity has been greatly reduced; less than half the available number of pews may be used – and social distancing guidelines must be followed. Masks are required in order to participate at Mass in person. (Some who’ve found it difficult to wear a mask have chosen to wear a clear face-shield instead … which is an acceptable option.)
Because the Bishops of Ohio have extended the dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass for the foreseeable future, those not wishing to wear a mask (or face shield) should continue to participate at Mass via the various social-media options presently available (eg: dioceseofcleveland.org, various streamed Masses on YouTube and facebook, etc).
The Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation (aka Confession) will only be available by appointment – and will be celebrated outdoors with both parties wearing a mask. At present it is unwise to use the confessional for the sacrament because it is a confined space with minimal ventilation. To schedule the sacrament, contact Fr. Trask at 440.707.6770 x3.
For those who are at higher-risk for contracting COVID-19, as well as for anyone who might be apprehensive about gathering together in the midst of a pandemic, the dispensation of the obligation to attend Sunday Mass remains in effect. Thus, anyone who is uncomfortable returning to weekend Mass may stay at home and watch Mass on TV/YouTube/etc.
At-home options for keeping Holy the Lord’s Day include:
– Channel 43 (WOIO) at 8AM on Sunday mornings
– The Diocese of Cleveland livestreams a mass daily at 9:30am on the diocesan website, and the weekend TV Mass will be available on the diocesan website starting at 4 p.m. on Saturday. It can also be seen on Fox 8 WJW at 5 a.m. on Sunday.
– Daily Mass with Bp. Robert Barron at https://www.wordonfire.org/daily-mass/
– Mass on EWTN daily at 8AM and Noon at www.ewtn.com/tv/watch-live
– Mass on-demand at CatholicTV.com